|Susan is certified as a Specialist in Appellate Law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and Chair of Thompson & Colegate’s Appellate Department.
She graduated from Riverside Community College with Great Distinction in 1984 and became a paralegal in 1985. In 1996, as a single Mom of three, she joined Thompson & Colegate as a full time litigation paralegal and pursued upper division course work in the evenings for a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work at La Sierra University. Susan then attended the University of La Verne College of Law where she earned the Cali Awards for Torts and for Case Analysis and Legal Writing. She served as Senior Staff Writer and as Staff Editor for the Editorial Board of ULV's Journal of Juvenile Law, as well. During and following law school, Susan was a member of the Advisory Committee for the undergraduate Legal Studies Program at the University of La Verne. In that capacity, she participated in the University's successful efforts to acquire ABA approval for its Paralegal Program.
In their free time, Susan and her husband Rob enjoy spending time with her 6 grandchildren, gardening, watching sporting events, and listening to Rob’s 4,500 vinyl record albums.
- Certified Specialist in Appellate Law, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- University of La Verne Legal Studies Program (Former Part-time Professor)
- Leo A. Deegan Inns of Court (2006-2009)
- Friends of Riverside Community College Forensics (Past President)
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (Amicus Committee)
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association (Chair, Appellate Section)
- AA, Riverside Community College, 1984
- JD, University of La Verne College of Law, 2003
- State of California, 2004
- U.S. District Court, California, 2004
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2006
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010