| Susan graduated from Riverside Community College with honors in 1984 and became a paralegal in 1985.
In 1996, she joined Thompson & Colegate as a full time litigation paralegal while pursuing upper division
course work for a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work at La Sierra University. In 1999, Susan entered the University of La Verne College of Law where she earned the Cali Awards for Torts and for Case Analysis and Legal Writing.
She served as Senior Staff Writer and as Staff Editor for the Editorial Board of ULV's Journal of Juvenile Law. She also competed as a member of the Moot Court Traveling Team. Susan received her Juris Doctor degree in 2003
and was admitted to the Bar in 2004. During and following law school, Susan was a member of the Advisory Committee for the Legal
Studies Program at the University of La Verne. In that capacity, she participated in the University's successful efforts to acquire ABA approval for its Paralegal Program.
- University of La Verne Legal Studies Program (Former Part-time Professor)
- Leo A. Deegan Inns of Court (2006-2009)
- Friends of Riverside Community College Forensics (Past President)
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (Amicus Committee)
- State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar Association (Chair, Appellate Section)
- AA, Riverside Community College, 1984
- JD, University of La Verne College of Law, 2003
- State of California, 2004
- U.S. District Court, California, 2004
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2006
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010